Koja's new fan factory and R&D Center officially opened
– Investments of 20 million euros in use
Koja Group built a new fan factory and a unique product development and test center in Tampere, Finland. These significant investments strengthen Koja’s position further in the international market.
– Our competitiveness is improved by investing in expertise, both in personnel and technology. Our business is global but we believe in Finnish expertise and production, states Juha Niskanen, Director of Koja Process Fans.
The official openings of the new fan factory and product development and test center (R&D Center) were held on Thursday 25 January 2018. A large group of over 200 guests were invited to see the investments on premises and to join guided tours around the factory and the center.
Increased production capasity and shorter lead times
The new welding robots, automation and devices together with highly skilled professionals make it possible to offer even the most demanding fan solutions to meet customers’ needs – while at the same time caring for the environment. Quality development is carried according to LEAN principles.
– The new fan factory enables manufacturing of even larger and heavier fans. The lifting height is 10 metres and the largest fans weight nearly 40 tons, says Niskanen.
The main investments focus on cutting steel sheets, finishing, welding and welding automation as well as balancing.
Testing according to standards in own hi-tech center
Koja’s air handling units and systems are now tested in real operating conditions, from arctic to tropical conditions and all seasons. The tested data enables optimal use of the devices and systems throughout their life cycle.
– In the unique R&D Center even large air conditioning units can be tested to a volumetric flow rate of up to 8 m3/s. With the building of the center, Koja can invest more agile in innovations and develop environment friendly and energy-efficient solutions to meet customers’ growing demands, explains Taru Lähteenmäki, Head of R&D Center.
Considering the size of Koja the investments are significant. The 83 year-old family business invests 50 million euros in modernizing production facilities in Tampere and Jalasjärvi by 2020.
- Head of R&D Center Taru Lähteenmäki, tel. +358 40 767 4375, email@example.com
- Director, Process Fans, Juha Niskanen, tel. +358 400 421 335, firstname.lastname@example.org
Koja Group is a 83 year-old family business with turnover of 70 million euros. Two out of four locations in Finland have production facilities. Sheet metal production in Jalasjärvi focuses on air conditioning units for ships and buildings, and process fans for heavy industry are manufactured in Tampere. Also Koja’s own unique R&D Center is located in Tampere. The number of personnel is 300 including subsidiary companies in Florida and St. Petersburgh as well as offices in Växjö and Sundsvall.